Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blogging has suffered lately

---due to a very punishing work load last week. Like many hospitalist programs these days ours has a 7 on 7 off schedule. I try and store some posts in the can during my week off for posting later. Were it not for Blogger's auto-post the Notes would have shut down last week. Can't blog at work and too tired to blog when I get home.


Although auto-posting continued apace I had too little time to devote much attention to some exceptional posts elsewhere in the blogosphere. Although it will seem late I intend to comment in some detail on these topics over the next few days:


Atul Gawande’s important New Yorker article as discussed by Bob Wachter and DB.


Dr. Wes's Open Letter to Patients Regarding Health Reform. (Well, I may not need to comment. This masterpiece needs no elaboration. But do go and read it).


Commentary by Retired Doc and Aggravated DocSurg on the absurdity of Medicare's “never events” policy.


Commentary from Retired Doc and other sources on Obama's speech to the AMA.


Now how many of these will I actually get to?

No comments: