Thursday, July 09, 2009

Lifetime Medical Television

Every Sunday in the late 1980s and early 1990s Lifetime Television, the network for women, became Lifetime Medical Television, the network for physicians. Back in the days before the Web this was the only option for viewing presentations on medical topics right from the comfort of home. I was glued to the set all day many Sundays. I took notes. When I couldn’t watch I set my VCR. There were few if any accredited CME offerings but the content was excellent. The pharma ads, directed to physicians, were attractive and clever, much better than the DTC ads of today. In the videos that follow is a montage of promos, openings and ads with shots of some of LMT’s all star cast. I spotted HJ Swann, Robert Rakel, Bernie Lown and Roger Bone, all of whom were frequent hosts.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to know the names of the music pieces played during the displaying of the prescribing information of the prescription products that were advertised on Lifetime Medical Television, then known as "Doctor's Sunday." Please respond at reynaldo at usa dot net