Monday, November 09, 2015

Uncritical acceptance of chelation trial results continues


I recently pointed out an American Heart Association publication's surprisingly credulous view of chelation therapy. Now there's more from Cardiobrief citing this quote of none other than Eugene Braunwald:

Eugene Braunwald gave a strong endorsement to TACT2 in the press release: “The results of TACT were both surprising and intriguing. I am very pleased that TACT2 is building on these findings to determine if they can be replicated in diabetic patients who have experienced a myocardial infarction – a particularly high risk group of patients in need of effective therapy.”

I've ranted on this extensively before and will only restate here that of all major clinical trials I can recall in my long career TACT is one of the most conflicted. It's beyond merely controversial. Anyone interested in digging deeper on this issue should read this article.



No comments: