Saturday, April 22, 2006

Blogosphere challenges controversial autism paper

Recently I cited a controversial paper on autism and thimerosal containing vaccines. Bloggers like Orac were quick to point out flaws in the paper. Now Joseph at Autism-Natural Variation is pressing for a retraction, citing misleading terminology. The authors of the paper apparently took notice and requested additional data from one of their sources, the California Department of Developmental Services. Joseph suggests this is an implicit admission of error but awaits a more substantive response by the authors and the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons. He’s not letting go, and this face-off will test the scientific integrity of the Journal and the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

1 comment:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

I have never been to a
Psychiatrist in my long life
(I'm 81), and my daughter
thought that I should explore every avenue, because of dramatic weight
loss. My doctor couldn't find anything serious.

O.K. After a 20 Minute Interview, she suggested that I stop Temazapam 15mg. She had a better 'SleepAid"
Seroquil!!! I checked Search
"When were you first diagnosed with BiPolarMania?

Bad girl. Now I don't trust
Shrinks!!! Read my blog, I'm
so proud of it!

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com