Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Barriers to evidence based practice

When criticized for their non-evidence based and unscientific claims the woomeisters like to counter with statistics pointing to the high rate of non-evidence based treatment in conventional medicine. It’s a specious argument, one which I have addressed here and elsewhere. The low rate of uptake of best evidence in conventional medicine is not a philosophical problem such as we find in the promotion of woo. Rather, it’s due to external barriers. These barriers are examined in a review from the Annals of Pharmacotherapy, published as free full text via Medscape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I could not find an email link so I hope you do not mind me posting this note here.

I noticed your blog and wanted to advise you that I have added it to my own blog roll at www.yourerdoc.com. I think there are some complementary characteristics between our readers and I hope you will consider adding www.yourerdoc.com to your blog roll listing in the near future as well.

Thanks for the consideration.

Sincerely

Brian Evans MD
info@yourerdoc.com