Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The latest on vitamin E

Despite antioxidant properties---

Clinical studies at large have not demonstrated a benefit of vitamin E in the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Vitamin E supplementation might be associated with an increase in total mortality, heart failure, and hemorrhagic stroke. The American Heart Association does not support the use of vitamin E supplements to prevent cardiovascular disease, but does recommend the consumption of foods abundant in antioxidant vitamins and other nutrients.

1 comment:

laso said...

I take a children's chewable vitamin (Active Kids-- I think it's just the Wal-Mart equivalent of Flintstones for the most part). I'm a single male as well as a poor college student, so needless to say I probably don't get everything I need in my diet. And they taste good. :)