Friday, May 11, 2007

Docs submit fake postings to Rate MDs

Dr. Keith Thompson became frustrated at the false anonymous comments about himself and his colleagues. He tried to work with the site’s owners to change commenting procedures. That didn’t work, so----


"I spammed the site because I was upset with what I saw about colleagues that I knew was false and because I saw the site as being no more valid than an MSN chat room," Dr Thompson told NRM by email. "I have consistently tried to make my point that ratings or comments need to be available to registered users only...


Via National Review of Medicine. Read the rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking out my own, and fellow rheumatologists' ratings here in Quebec suggests that Dr. Thompson's battle may not be worth fighting. His crusade can only give publicity to what was a strictly media -driven surge in Canadian ratings.